Called a “cultural phenomenon” by Newsweek and hailed by This American Life, Entertainment Weekly, Time, Wired, The AV Club, The Today Show, and beyond, Mortified reveals the stories behind the strange and extraordinary things we created as kids.
If you have embarrassing camp-related journals, letters, artwork, poems, lyrics, home movies, cassettes, plays, or similar items…we want to hear from you!
This exclusive version of Mortified is being produced specifically for attendees of CampMinder Camp 9 as a celebration of the summer camp experience.
Never been on stage? No problem! A professional Mortified producer will work with you to help identify excerpts and a backstory that our audience will love.
Just fill out the form below and someone from our team will be in touch with you soon!
MORTIFIED – SPEAKER SUBMISSIONS
MORTIFIED – General Tips
- DO. Earmark 5-8 excerpts that you find hilarious or are embarrassed to admit you wrote. Those will give us a very helpful starting place. That said, we’ll wander around your material to find other stuff too, so dig up as much as you can.
- DO. Look for entries where your writing was very dramatic– whether you were ultra angry or ultra happy. These tend to be funny.
- DO. Look for entries that make you react, “I can’t believe I actually thought like that.”
- DO. Stick with it. Some of our best stuff takes a few sessions to find the right excerpts.It’s a strange but fun process, and we’ll help you identify material that our audience will love.
- DON’T sweat it. This is NOT an audition or a tryout. Our curating process is not about judging your talents– our goal is to simply help you find stuff.
- DON’T censor material because you think it doesn’t fit in a storyline or theme. Ignore storylines or themes for now–just focus on finding stuff that embarrasses you. Even if it jumps from topic to topic. We’ll help you find a way to make it all connect as a story LATER.
- DON’T make stuff up. The fun of our show is that people sharing actual mementos from childhood and adolescence.